What's a Uses Page?
A /uses page lists a developer's setup, gear, software, and configs (what they use). It's a great reference for those looking to add to their library of tools or reconfigure ones they already use.
- Visual Studio Code!
I used SublimeText for years. I switched (in early 2018?) for the ease of installing plugins, built in terminal and Git, awesome community, and massive momentum VS Code has gained.
VS Code themes
I switch back n forth between a couple different themes.
- VS Code built in Terminal
- Hyper terminal Switched from iTerm2 around the time I changed to VS Code
- FISH the Friendly Interactive SHell I was using ZShell with Prezto for its close relationship to BASH. With the rise of Serverless I don't feel the need to be closely tied to BASH
- Oh My FISH! - adds some niceties to FISH
- Netlify - Coming from Digital Ocean Netlify feels like the next evolution in hosting! ❤️ the simple continuous integration with your Github!! It was interesting learning how to set up a server with D.O. There is so much new Front End Tech it is nice not to have to spend time on Dev Ops 🤷♂️